Monday, July 15, 2013

Hi Torch, I Missed You!!

Okay, I'm a geek. I love what I do. I didn't really miss it while I was gone, but I was sad to leave the work table and I'm glad to be back, though today started out a bit slow (and late! Good thing Brett is working late tonight...so am I).

San Francisco was fabulous. Though cold. And it made me yearn to move West (again...I know. Broken record). But the trip was a really good break, and though I'm struggling a little with getting back into a rhythm, I did manage to finish up some designs I started before the trip:

 
Morenci turquoise, from Arizona. It had a little issue with one of the balls not staying put. But now it's all set. I love the color of this turquoise - pure, unadulterated blue heaven. And once again, I played with symmetry / asymmetry, stacking design elements on an asymmetrical cabochon. There's a calmness to this pendant that I really like.
 
 
Some gorgeous chrysocollas! I love the blue-green combination in these stones. I added slightly vine-y elements to echo the flowing of colors on the stone surfaces.
 
These designs have been a lot of fun, but I think I am going to step away from these pieces for a little while. I want to do some more Larimar in this style, but lately I've been itching to do more of the metal-intensive pieces. I've got some designs in my head that I can't wait to start executing. I love the color intensity of this jewelry, with the metal as accent, but I really want to explore some new work that's metal oriented...so I guess we know what I'll be working on this week! *After* I get done with a custom order, that is...so I'll keep this short and get right back to the torch. Lots of lost time to make up for.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment