Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sleep is for the Weak - I Mean, for the Dead

It's getting so I can't remember a time when there wasn't "something to do". I love my business, but some days it's like a grumpy three-year-old with a ton of frantic energy. And I'm the harried mom running after it all day. The work load seems like it's never done; I find it hard to sleep with so many deadlines looming and issues to be addressed.

Usually this happens when I am trying to do to many things at once. And the last few weeks have certainly been examples of trying to manage a lot at the same time. Here's what I'm currently working on:

- booth redesign (almost there; but still WIP)

- photos for my online venues (shooting and editing)

- web updates and changes

- copy writing

- wholesale "stuff" - invoices, labels, displays, etc

- paperwork (my biggest issue) - filling out, filing, organizing, updating - updating alone could fill a week, I'd bet

- new designs (never, ever enough time for designing!)

- new skills - learning to solder and playing with fabricating

I could go on, but just reading the list gets me stressed. I think I might have to go lie down for a while in a darkened room...but no falling asleep. That's for later...whenever later might be. ~wry smile~

Wearily,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment