Friday, January 21, 2011

Really? It's 2011 Already?!






How did this happen? Okay, I know how it happened. I just haven't been ready for it. A rather icky virus took me out of commission for several weeks, and I was working like a demon for weeks before that....so once again I am kick-starting the blog! Maybe *this* will be the year I can actually keep up with it? Cross those fingers...

So what am I doing? Where am I going? Let me share some things with you!

- I'm back in metalsmithing classes, effective today. Every Friday morning I will be enjoying the knowledge shared by Kristen Wilder at the Spruill Center. Kristin is a talented metalsmith who teaches the way I like to be taught:  logically, straightforrwardly, and (because sometimes I need to see and hear it more than once): repeatedly. I have learned so much from her and I can't wait to see what this quarter of classes brings.

- Now that I'm recovering my health and feeling less like "please, kill me now", I am fired up and ready to tackle new designs. I have ( as usual) a million ideas to work on and the hardest part is sorting them out and organizing them, rather than trying to tackle them all at once. The ring above is something new and fun - I've been wanting to make rings for a long, long time, and this is just the beginning!

- I'm traveling to new, exotic (okay, not necessarily exotic, but fun) locations: Coconut Grove (Miami) Florida. I've never been to Miami, despite living fairly close to it for the last few years. I'm exhibiting at a festival there in February and can't wait to explore a bit of Florida! I'm also heading to both Alabama and Arizona in March...I've done both of these festivals last year and I'm heading back again this year. The Arizona festival comes with a big, big bonus as one of my best friends lives in Phoenix. It's one of my great joys in life to hang out with her. Plus, she comes to work the shows with me. Can't get much better than that!

And that's just the first quarter of the year. Nothing like staying busy...but I work better when I'm busy so this suits me just fine. The trick will be to manage all that needs to be done...since it's still "just me" in the studio, I'm both the person behind the wheel of this business *and* its roadblocks.  Of course I'm going to try and keep the dang train ON the tracks...   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment