Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Love the One You're With


I still love this country. It's got some serious problems, and needs a good smack in the ass and a major wake-up call to make changes. But I am not defecting to Canada anytime soon (nothing personal, big. northern neighbor!). I love what the U.S.A. means to me: a freewheeling style and attitude, a big independent streak and a dedication to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We get a lot of things wrong but I'm still proud to be an American (even if I'm not always proud of all my fellow Americans...but that's a whole other discussion). Happy Birthday, America! Founded by strong, brave people who wanted bolder, better lives. And risked everything to pursue those dreams. I salute you!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete