Monday, August 20, 2012

Turn it Over (or Around, or Upside Down)

Source

Is this glass half empty, or half full? In this case, it's fully empty. A shame. Why am I showing a photo of a Missoni for Target martini glass? Because it's more fun than your average water glass...


I follow a lot of blogs, mostly home decor and style-oriented ones, but a few business-y blogs are in the mix too. And one of my favorites is Seth Godin's Blog. Seth writes very "in brief" and he always has a refreshing perspective.

Living the life of a creative means you will regularly get lost in your own head, in your personal perspective. And it's not easy to stand back and really see what's causing you difficulties. So when I saw this post (excerpted), I knew it was one to remember:

"It might not be because you can't find the right answer.
It's almost certainly because you're asking the wrong question.
The more aggressively you redefine the problem, the more likely it is you're going to solve it."

There's more here (but not much more; as I said, he's quite a pithy writer). 

I love Godin's short excerpts; they're like getting a nibble to chew over and ponder for a while. And they make me rethink how I approach the regular, everyday problem-solving aspects of jewelry design. Excellent food for thought.  :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete