Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Adventures

 “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”

Neil Gaiman



This pendant wasn't supposed to have a turquoise drop. I accidentally drilled the holes on the top and the bottom. So I had to do something...that's just one of last year's mistakes. At least this one was salvageable  :)
 
This year's goals include having lots of new adventures. They may not be huge adventures, but they begin with moving forward toward new delights. There will be mistakes. I know it. But I don't kmow of any better way to learn than to learn from them and add that to the knowledge base. Last year's work with stones and bezels taught me that. So this year is going to be full of even more time devoted to my craft and developing a broader range of skills.
 
I have three full months ahead of me with no festivals. I have a glorious amount of time to explore, to design, to create. To work toward achieving the dreams and goals for my business and myself. 

I'm SO excited!!

Today began with five minutes of meditation (I know...getting all new-age-y, but I keep reading about its benefits...and I feel like I keep reading about its benefits because I'm supposed to pay attention to those little pokes). It went by quickly and painlessly, though I'm not sure I reaped any major benefits from it just yet - and now I'm drinking lemon water and getting my mind ready for the day, which includes...cardio. Of which I've done absolutely zero since the end of September. 

I'm so NOT excited!!

But it's time to get back on a routine. It's good for me physically and mentally and really...thirty minutes a day three times a week (okay, it might be twenty minutes twice this week.) is really nothing to complain about.  :)

And it's time to get back to (or start) a new work routine too. One of my jewelry goals is to create a piece every day (or, if I don't finish one every day, at least BE in the creative process daily), and get it photographed and online more quickly than I usually do. Shouldn't be hard with all this time on my hands, mmm?  

I wish you all the best as you pursue your own goals and endeavors this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment