Thursday, January 28, 2016

Unstoppable

I saw this on Facebook this week, and shared it:


because I know we all need reminders, now and then, of how the race goes not to the swift, but the steady. How the damn tortoise eventually, finally, plods up to the finish line and gets a...what? Round of applause? The satisfaction of accomplishment? Because sometimes there's no trophy, no cash prize, no adoring crowd. The win comes from within.

I had no idea how soon I personally would need the above quote.

Tonight, on the eve of my first art festival this year, I got some commentary about my jewelry designs that stopped me cold. You'd think it really wouldn't, anymore...after more than a decade in this business, my skin is pretty thick. But it's those damn shots from left field (or hell, behind you when you didn't even know it was coming) that will take you down.

But there's that *other* quote...

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucious

Time to get up again. Tomorrow is a new day and...well, tomorrow is a new day. Game on.


No comments:

Post a Comment