Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Studio Extras 1 - Practicalities

Here are a few of the extras that are the icing on the cake for me. They "ain't pretty" but they make the daily work so much easier.

It's hard to see in the big pic, but on the main wall are two "hammer hangers". Similar to the cord roll idea, these keep my much-used hammers close at hand and keep them from taking up drawer space. Brett found these at HD; I'm not sure what the original use would be, but they are designed to go with our shelving unit and they are the perfect size for hanging hammers! (see closeup below)
Just to the right of the brass hammer, is a pair of switches (see closeup below). The one on the left controls my tumbler, so I don't have to crawl around on the floor to plug / unplug it every time I tumble something. Who designed tumblers without an on / off switch, anyway??

The other switch controls the track lighting that is above my computer desk. Both switches were bought at the ubiqutous HD - they're the same kind of f switches some of you may use for Christmas tree lights (which is where Brett stole the idea). They're zip-tied to the "hammer hanger".

As mentioned, they aren't pretty, but they make tasks simpler, and that counts for a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment