Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can We Share?

Some of you may have noticed that I have changed the descriptions of my STICKS and Curvaceous lines. I'd been thinking about this for some time, about the deeper meaning of why I create, what I create, and what message I want it to share. Of course on the surface it's just jewelry...but so often jewelry is more than “just” that. It’s commemorative, celebratory, talismanic. It’s the most personal accessory we have and it speaks not only to our individual styles, but our beliefs as well.

Connecting to others on a personal level has always been a core drive for me, but it's even more necessary now that I work from home, alone, most of the time. I used to have this Grand Idea that I would grow up (still waiting for that part, I think!) and do something that would change the world. Of course, I had no idea what that would be, so I spent a lot of time pursuing different paths, looking at a lot of options, trying to figure out who I would be - because I was going to be Somebody! No ordinary life for me!

Well...I haven't exactly set the world on fire. I haven't become a big Somebody, either. But I don't mind being a small somebody as long as I am still able to reach out and connect with others. As I've gotten older, I think that maybe the changes I can make are on a more personal level, through friendships, and family relationships, and well, all the other (brief or deep) relationships I have every day. I think these relationships are what give our lives a true meaning and that they would be very empty without that.

And you all have been so great about connecting with me personally. I feel very fortunate to have such caring customers who want more than just a one-time jewelry purchase. You ask about my training, what inspires me, what my hopes and goals are. And I learn about your families, your dreams, your lives and loves. We get to know each other a little better; we get to enrich each others' worlds. And that is the biggest reward of all.

Let me know what you think about the new copy. As always, I love to hear your thoughts and perspectives.

Fondly,
Jill

Original post date: 03/31/09

No comments:

Post a Comment