Thursday, May 21, 2009

In the Midst of Crazy Town, a Warm Fuzzy

Nearly a month since my last entry! I keep trying to find time to write, but this time of year doesn't leave much extra time, for writing, or those "moments of stillness" I mentioned earlier, or much of anything besides work. This November I have three retail events plus a wholesale show....and it's the wholesale side of things that's making me frenzied. Brett and I have decided (on verrrrry short notice) to re-work my entire booth for the wholesale show. Ha! We are a little insane, but every time things get really crazy, I remind myself it's better than being bored...right? RIGHT?!

In the midst of all this, we are trying to coordinate travel for our two nieces, 17 and 14, to come visit us from Colorado. We made plans in July to bring them both out for Thanksgiving, but trying to get reasonable airfare has been a bit difficult. It's only the most-traveled weekend of the year, after all...we are watching fares closely and think we've *finally* found something that will work with their schedules (work and school) and ours. Brett and I agreed that even if fares were a little higher than we'd hoped to pay, we'd have to just bite the bullet - we'd promised the trip, they're excited about it, and we're really, really looking forward to having them here for a few days.

And tonight, in the midst of all my work busy-ness, and my stressing about ticket prices, I IM'd briefly with our younger niece. Before she signed off to go do homework, she wrote this:

" love you 2! u 2! goodnite!"

And now I'm just all melty inside. Most of you know that we don't have children, but those two girls (and our three-year-old nephew) are just precious to us, and living across the country means we don't see them nearly as often as we'd like. Oh, I can't WAIT for Thanksgiving!

So now I'm off to bed on a happy note. Insanity resumes bright and early tomorrow...

Sweet dreams,
Jill

Original post date: 10/30/07

No comments:

Post a Comment