Thursday, May 21, 2009

Falling In Love...

Oooh, things have been busy here! But I finally had a little time to work on new Sticks designs...it's been almost two years since I first created that line, and I've had additional designs in the sketchbook ever since. So late last week, I carved out a little time to put them on a work board to see how they looked with the actual metal components, instead of just ink scratches on paper. And they looked...weird. I really was disappointed at first, because they just weren't speaking to me. So, after a lot of fiddling with them, I finally got up to do something else. I've found that sometimes it's good to step away from my work for a while and come back to it with a fresh perspective.

Several hours later, I came back to that design board and kind of peeked at the new designs. And hey, they didn't look quite so bad...I played with some of the bars, moved some pearls around, and they were starting to grow on me. And now, days later, I am so excited about them! I don't have any time to devote to them this week, because I'm getting ready for the Inman Park show (yay) but I can't wait to get back to the work board and start the process of connecting them together! Some may not survive the actual construction phase, but I think most of them will make it through and I am eager to see how they turn out. I hope to have them ready for the Roswell Colors Festival on Mother's Day weekend, and I can't wait to hear your comments!

Artistically yours,
Jill

Original post date: 04/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment